The Willow Glen Lions Club Mission:
Willow Glen Lions Club members share their creativity, commitment and compassion, for the benefit of the people of Willow Glen and the greater community.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve done so much good for our community, including helping kids across the street for events like Walk to School Day and Halloween, providing FREE health screening for people who may not have such a service available to them, checking eye prescription levels for schoolchildren, cooking and serving for events for our community, cleaning up our adopted public park, loading backpacks for kids, wrapping presents at the holidays for less-fortunate schoolkids, and much much more.
- Raising funds for Parents Helping Parents via our super-fun Brews’n’Bites Beer Tasting, to help families with special needs children to find the educational and theraputic resources they need
- Walking kids and families across Lincoln Avenue, for Willow Glen’s annual Trick or Treat on the Avenue
- Providing an opportunity for students to debate important issues in the High School Student Speaker’s Contest
- Cooking up hundreds of breakfasts for hungry visitors at
La Villa Cruise for a Cause, Hot San Jose Nights and more!
- Providing support to Santa Maria Urban Ministry, who help kids and struggling families at risk in San Jose
- Joining forces with Services for Brain Injury, helping so many — including US service veterans — to get the therapies and support they need to get past traumatic brain injuries
- Helping Canine Companions for Independence to raise and prepare companion dogs that are specially trained for people with injuries or medial issues… including US veterans and people with severe disabilities. The companion dog does tasks for them and helps them to live more independently!
- Yarra, one of the Canine Companions who presented for the WG Lions, is a big boy who can pull his partner up a hill, or perform delicate tasks such as picking up a coin or a credit card! Plus he’s an 11 out of 10 on the cuteness scale! We can see how important these dogs are to their partners.Helped to measure vision and hearing for hundreds of kids at Luther Burbank Elementary School, partnering and supporting Cupertino Host Lions Club.
- Sending diabetic kids to fun times at the Diabetes Society camp… and much, much more. We do not go door-to-door soliciting money… we earn our funds through our efforts like breakfasts, our annual wine tasting, our booth at the Willow Glen Farmer’s Market, and much more. All fun activities that enable us to help others!
- VIEW OUR CURRENT PROJECT EVENTS at the online Lions Club e-clubhouse: http://e-clubhouse.org/sites/willowglenca/calendar.php